What to ask yourself when buying a home? Whether or not you are a first-time buyer, a lot is on your mind when considering a home purchase–from city, to neighborhood, to schools, to proximity to your other most-valued daily conveniences.
Here are 15 top questions to ask yourself when preparing to buy a home:
1. Is my income reliable and I will be able to afford the monthly mortgage?
2. What is my credit score?
3. What size down payment am I able to make?
4. Which mortgage lender do I want to use?
5. Do I need mortgage insurance?
6. What are my top priorities for my future community?
7. What home features are on my must-have list? What can I do without?
8. What are current home price ranges for the areas in which I want to live?
9. Do I want to purchase an existing home or a new home?
10. In which towns or neighborhoods will I focus my search?
11. How much will I pay in property tax? (This should be part of the listing information on homes you visit.)
12. From which company will I purchase home insurance and what are the rates?
13. Is the home I’m considering at risk of being impacted by natural disasters?
14. Who is my preferred home inspector?
15. How many years do I plan to live here?
What questions do you ask yourself when shopping for a home? Join the conversation in the comments section below!