Home BUYING WITH THE RIGHT REAL ESTATE AGENT
HOME BUYING Tips
It’s important to know some home buying tips when considering making a purchase as big as the one for your home. Whether you’re looking to purchase your first home or you’ve made the decision to search for your next house, selecting the right firm and Agent to help guide you through the home buying process is the single-most important first-step.
As Contra Costa’s leading Real Estate Firm, Village Associates offers an expansive degree of service, based on a solid reputation of experience, performance and area knowledge.
When buying a home, you’ll need a real estate agent who will:
- Complete a home selection profile to assist in determining the range of available properties to show
- Arrange convenient times to show prospective properties
- Assist in the preparation of all documentation for making an offer
- Meet with sellers’ agent or the seller to present the buyers’ offer
- Review all counter offers and make recommendations on further offers
- Secure all disclosures from the seller
- Assist in coordination and attend all home inspections
- Negotiate for you on repairs (if needed)
- Confirm that all repairs were made
- Arrange for a lenders’ appraisal and assist in completing necessary documentation
- Oversee the removal of all contingencies to insure a successful and timely close of escrow
- Attend your walk-through prior to close of escrow
- Delivery of keys and possession of your new home after close of escrow
- Help you through every step of the process, so that buying your home is an exciting and enjoyable experience.
Remember to share your home buying list of needs with your real estate agent. This may include:
- Neighborhood preferences
- Proximity to shops, schools, nature, freeways, public transportation
- Number of rooms and bathrooms
- Your ideal home price
- Special questions about the home buying process including mortgage rates, escrow, timing, documentation, offers, options and home buying negotiation tactics
If you have questions about the home buying process, please see Home Buyer Questions and Answers.